Nottingham Lace Writing Competition
In Memory of D. Bell
There are three age groups (under 10, 11–14, and 15–18), and you can enter either a poem or a short story.
Make lace. Wear Lace. Love lace. Lace words together. What does lace mean to you?
To Enter the competition:
Fill the form below:
Your poem or story mustn’t be longer than one page on 12-point font size.
Send us the form with your piece of writing by Friday 31 October 2014..
You can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usborne author, P. Rawsthorne
Derbyshire P. Laureate, M. Black
(For each age category)
1st prize: £50 book token and writing workshops with a published author
2nd prize: £25 book token
3rd prize: £15 book token
All winners and commended runners-up will be published in the competition anthology and will have a chance to meet the judges at the prize-giving.
Please see below for the competition rules in full.
- Entrants must have been resident in Nottinghamshire at some point during the six months prior to Friday 31 October 2014..
- Age group is determined by age on Friday 31 October 2014..
- Maximum one submission per entrant.
- Submissions must fit onto one page of A4 in minimum 12-point font size, and contain no more than one poem or piece of fiction.
- All submissions must be the original work of the entrant.
- Copyright remains with the authors, although Nottingham Festival of Words retains the right to reproduce poems and stories physically and digitally until 30/11/2015. If entrants wish to publish their winning work or work selected for inclusion in the competition anthology, they will be required to acknowledge Nottingham Festival of Words.
- Work submitted must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere, in print or online.
- The winner in each age group will receive 1–2 group sessions with a published writer, either at their school (for the two younger age groups), or with other young writers in their age group (for 15–18 years).
- The judges cannot acknowledge submissions.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.